SPOTLIGHT: Darren Curtis, PLA, LEED AP
We are proud of our awesome team of unique and talented employees. Darren Curtis is our fantastic Landscape Architect!
- How long have you been in the A/E industry: 14 years
- Why or what influenced you to get into this industry? Throughout my more formative years, I worked for a stone company that harvested Pennsylvania bluestone and field stone, sorted it, and stacked it onto pallets for use in a structure or landscape. It was intriguing to me that there were professionals who were responsible for delineating a certain type of stone to serve a specific application in the landscape. This, combined with my affinity for nature, led me to pursue an education and ultimately a career in Landscape Architecture
- Tell us something we would be surprised to learn about you. I’m somewhat of a germaphobe, but like to play in the dirt.
- What is the best advice you ever received? The Golden Rule – One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Rome, Italy
- Favorite book or movie: Book: Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. Movie: Stand By Me
- First Job: Ice cream server at Alice’s Cow Palace, Age 12
- Most Unique Talent: I can make turkey calls with my mouth
- What’s the one thing you can’t live without? Nature
- Biggest Pet Peeve? I guess a texting, littering, left lane driver would take the cake.