SPOTLIGHT: Julie Dunks, Associate AIA
Julie joined our DJG family 6.5 years ago and she’s been a great addition to our architectural team. We’re glad you’re part of our team!!
- How long have you been in the A/E industry: Full time 10 years / Part time 5 years more
- Why or what influenced you to get into this industry? Love for design, historical architecture; enthusiasm for project management & participation.
- Tell us something we would be surprised to learn about you. I love to paint rooms. Weird, huh?
- What is the best advice you ever received? Never trust a contractor who says, “You don’t need cut sheets on this stuff.”
- Favorite Vacation Spot: New York City
- Favorite book or movie: Book: Everyday Saints, by Archimandrite Tikhon / Movie: My Cousin Vinny
- First Job: Errand Girl, Fulbright & Jaworski Law Firm (our title was ‘hall girl’ so they called us ‘call girls’)
- Most unique talent? If you need a crib mobile with stars and ribbons, come see me
- What’s the one thing you can’t live without? Tex Mex food
- Biggest Pet Peeve? Lunch & Learns from Subway instead of Panera