DJG is an assembly of energetic people who take an active interest in the health of the firm and the world around them. Our staff provides the energy that sustains the firm. With this in mind, employment candidates can anticipate a lengthy screening process, focused not only on their professional qualifications, but on their direction in life as well.
DJG maintains a Drug Free Workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electrical Engineer: We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to be part of our team by supporting the design and implementation of a variety of electrical power, control and automation, and critical systems. They will lead project teams in design of medium and low voltage power distribution, auxiliary systems, lighting, UPS, fire alarm, data and telephone. Typical duties include performing electrical power and lighting calculations, and prepare construction drawings and specifications.
The candidate must be a self-starter and willing to learn, able to work independently and as part of a team, and must be comfortable with the broad scope of cradle-to-grave design consulting engineering. Successful hires will be expected to integrate with the DJG team, their community, and the profession.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the consulting industry
- Registered Professional Engineer in Virginia, or the ability to attain licensure within 6 months
- LEED AP preferred
- AutoCAD experience a must (Revit experience desired)
- Federal Specification writing experience preferred (Specs-in-tact)
- Fire Protection training and experience considered
Civil Engineer: We are seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to work within our Land Development Group. This is a unique opportunity to enhance the design team in support of projects for housing authorities, military, local and state government, higher education and private development clients.
Candidates must display technical experience in the preparation of plans, specifications and construction administration. The ability to partner with the existing team, collaborate with other disciplines and work in partnership with leadership throughout the entire company is essential to maintain enduring relationship with our employees and clients.
Specific Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited engineering program
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a civil environment with diverse project experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer, PE
- Desire for personal growth toward engineering staff leadership
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Be a team player in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Virginia Stormwater Regulation design and compliance required
- Experience using stormwater software for review by authorities
- Preferences include experience with AutoCad and AutoDesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis
- VA and/or NC PE