Spotlight: John Ozmore, AIA
We are proud of our dedicated team of unique and talented employees. This month’s employee spotlight is one of our Architects, John Ozmore. Enjoy!!
JOHN OZMORE, AIA
- How long have you been in the A/E industry: 15 Years. Started working at my first firm during my fourth year of Architecture School.
- Why or what influenced you to get into this industry? I always enjoyed creating floor plans for houses growing up. Once I left the US Navy I started out in school for drafting and design. I had drafting in High School and really enjoyed it. A professor recommended Architecture school and went into it after graduating from Tidewater Community College.
- Tell us something we would be surprised to learn about you. I don’t think anyone who knows me would be surprised about anything I would tell you. I served 10 years in US Navy. I drove the liberty boats and was a helmsman (steered the ship) on an aircraft carrier. I enjoy genealogy, movies, and gaming. I’m a Cleveland Brown’s Fan.
- What is the best advice you ever received? You need to go to church.
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Yellowstone National Park
- Favorite book or movie: Patrick Robinson: Nimitz Class
- First Job: Paper Boy
- What’s the one thing you can’t live without? My wife
- Biggest Pet Peeve? Rude people upset me.
Thanks for letting us into your world, John!