SPOTLIGHT: Milissa Cheves
Milissa is our Land Development rock star!
One of her favorite projects she designed was for Christopher Newport University’s Softball Field Stadium Renovations. It was different than what she normally designs and she loved the fun architectural elements.
- How long have you been in the A/E industry: 16 years
- Tell us something we would be surprised to learn about you: I have lived in 7 different states and have a hard time calling any particular state home.
- What is the best advice you ever received? From my Mom: “You got to have grit girl”.
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Anywhere warm and sunny.
- Favorite book or movie: Star Wars: A New Hope. It reminds me of my childhood summers at my grandparents, which were lazy carefree days. They lived in a rural area of West Virginia with only 2 TV channels. They had bunches beta max westerns, Singing in the Rain and Star Wars. I do not how we did not get tired of watching the later 2 movies 3 times a week.
- Most unique talent? I was in the Color Guard in High school. I still have my wooden rifle and can still twirl it.
- First Job: My first job was during grade school delivering the base newspaper. I totally hated folding all those papers. During college I worked at the Department of Conservation and Recreation as administration assistant and the Department of Environmental Quality as a water quality data collector.
- What’s the one thing you can’t live without? Family and Friends.
- Fun Fact: I can ride on a boat anywhere in rough water and not get sea sick. But if you put me in the water with snorkel I get sea sick immediately.